Building (Structural) Surveys
Pre-Acquisition Surveys and Advice
APA recognises that the purchase process is often a difficult and stressful time, Our service is designed to remove the stress from the time of agreeing a price and deciding to purchase up to the exchange of contract. The purchase of a property will inevitably involve an ongoing chain and completion is important if everybody is going to move forward and purchase their dream home.
APA recognises that principle is fundamental to all the parties and therefore aims to have the survey undertaken and the report ready for dispatch within 7 working days of instruction. Our reports are written in plain English with minimal use of technical terms, and we include photographs to enhance our observations and advice to ensure that our client can understand the unique qualities of their chosen home so they purchase a structurally sound property.
APA provides the following types of survey :
RICS Specific Defect Survey
A RICS Specific Defect Survey investigates a specific issue, for example
- Deflection within a chimney stack
- Structural movement
- Structural cracking
- Fire Damage
Prices start from £300+vat
RICS Building (Structural) Survey
The ‘Building (Structural) Survey’ is:
- Completely bespoke
- Structured to meet the requirements of the building
- Structured to meet the requirements of the Client.
- Suitable for modern construction
- Suitable for traditional construction
- Suitable for listed properties
- Suitable for buildings of architectural significance.
- Suitable for modern timber frame
- An APA building survey will include a detailed narrative and photographs which are cross referenced within the report.